- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Guest Student Checklist
Guest Students at The George Washington University should follow this checklist.
1. Submit your Certificate of Eligibility to the GW Office of VALOR Student Services using our document upload tool on our website.
2. Obtain a Parent Letter from your current school's School Certifying Official. The parent letter must be:
- printed on official letter head and signed;
- Sent to us as a digital copy by using our document upload tool on our website;
- and then the original signed copy mailed to our office.
The parent letter must contain the following information:
- Official letter head;
- Student name;
- Student ID from Parent School;
- Exact courses being taken at GW;
- Statement from School Certifying Official that the credits being taken at GW will apply to the guest student's degree.
4. As soon as you register for courses, be sure to complete your Request for Certification through the GWeb Information System by going to the Veteran Menu in "Student Records and Registration" and selecting “Veteran Certification Request.” If GWEB is not working, you can fill out a paper GW Request for Certification Form and submit it to our office as a scanned document using our doument upload tool here.
5. Once the parent letter is received by The George Washington University School Certifying Official and they have registered for courses and requested certification, we will certify the guest student's enrollment to the VA.